Subject: RE: [ws-rx] Issue 23: CreateSequenceRefused fault should apply tosender and receiver

I’m sorry, I didn’t mean resent in that way. What I meant was that you don’t want to indicate, via the Sender code, that there was something wrong with the request itself that needs to be dealt with; e.g. the sender did not send a malformed message of some sort.

From: Doug Davis [mailto:dug@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 5:30 PM
To: ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org

This reminded me of a possible new PR issue but I wanted to ask about it first... the spec is silent (or at least I can't find it) on the topic of resending the CreateSequence.  There really isn't a mechanism for the RMD to detect a resend.  Seems like a resend of a CS should be treated like a totally new CS - and the spec should probably make this clear.  Thoughts?

As for Marc's comment - which I think it related - I don't think the RMD should accept the resend CS in the scenario you describe since it can't detect that its a resend.

thanks

STSM | Web Services Architect | IBM Software Group
(919) 254-6905 | IBM T/L 444-6906 | dug@us.ibm.com

Marc Goodner <mgoodner@microsoft.com>

11/14/2006 07:57 PM

"ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org" <ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org>

[ws-rx] Issue 23: CreateSequenceRefused fault should apply to sender and receiver

I believe we discussed this on a call and I had an outstanding action to come back to the TC on why I thought this was so.

Currently the spec defines this as a Sender fault, so I won’t talk to that. The reason it should also be a receiver fault is that there may be times when the RMD that receives the CS message may simply be incapable of initiating a new sequence. For example the RMD may have no more capacity to process a request for an additional sequence. Therefore if the same CS message is resent later it may be accepted making Sender the wrong code in that instance.