Subject: Re: [ws-rx] Proposals for MakeConnection issues summary

Not at all.  The discussions we had back then were around the failure case when
the connection was no longer around - I'm talking about the case where the connection
is still there but its not used to send the response - in particular if it is used to send a CS.
But this gets into my request from Marc to explain how things work in his proposal because
I still don't see the message flows for some of the very basic scenarios, see [1].

As for reopening a resolved issue.... some phrase revolving around "a pot" and "a kettle" comes to mind.
Since PR001 can (should) be closed with no action (there is no composibility issue) I can't think of a
more blatant attempt to reopen a resolve issue than the current MC threads.

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/email/archives/200611/msg00011.html

thanks

STSM | Web Services Architect | IBM Software Group
(919) 254-6905 | IBM T/L 444-6906 | dug@us.ibm.com

Paul Fremantle <paul@wso2.com>

11/15/2006 08:50 AM

Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
cc
Marc Goodner <mgoodner@microsoft.com>, "ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org" <ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject
Re: [ws-rx] Proposals for MakeConnection issues summary

Doug
>  which has still been unanswered and that's the composibility issue of
> your proposal with WS-Addressing.  In particular how it seems to
> violate the definition of what anonymous means.  Anonymous is very
> clearly defined to mean the backchannel of the same connection that
> carried the request.  I think this needs to be addressed.
We discussed this at length in the TC and this was not the consensus of
this group or the WSA experts advising us. The same applies to the
MC(SequenceID) form which was voted on and approved by this group. Are
you by any chance trying to raise a resolved issue?? :-)

VP/Technology and Partnerships, WSO2
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle
paul@wso2.com