Subject: mini-AI: list of message flows

Marc et al,
  On the last conf call I agreed to enumerate/prioritize the list of spots in my note [1] where I requested to see sample message flows to show how the various scenarios would work.  Below is the list (the first line is the title of each section from [1]):

1 - MP on nonexistent message  &  Unreliable-in/Reliable-Out not supported
    (I think these two points might be the same situation)
    Please see my responses to your responses in [1] since I just don't see how
    an MP can flow when there is no message to piggy-back it on.  In case it isn't
    clear the scenario I'm talking about is this:
      client sends request to server, w/o RM, wsa:ReplyTo is wsa:Anon
      server chooses to use RM (but its optional)
    server needs to send back a MP so that the client can send a MC so a CS can flow,
    however, there is no message going back to the client to piggyback the MP on.
    The client doesn't know to send a MC since it doesn't know if RM will even be
    used for the responses (it may be available but optional), or even if it did
    know it was being used, how does the server know that when an MC arrives that it
    came from the right client?  There could be lots of requests in the same situation.
    Also, the flows needs to show how this works w/o violating WSA's rules for anon.

2 - Lack of support for multiple endpoints per sequence.
    please see [2] for more details about possible scenarios.
    I actually have a todo to elaborate on the use-cases mentioned in [2],
    so please see [3] for that note.

3 - Restrictions on RM Processing model
    I suspect that this can not be supported since all wsa:To's are anon but since
    Marc said it can be supported in his note, [1], I'd like to see how.

4 - Poor performing CreateSequence

5 - MP sent to unidentified client

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/email/archives/200611/msg00011.html
[2] http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/email/archives/200611/msg00047.html
[3] http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/email/archives/200611/msg00205.html

thanks

STSM | Web Services Architect | IBM Software Group
(919) 254-6905 | IBM T/L 444-6906 | dug@us.ibm.com