Subject: Re: [ws-rx] PR33 - Re: [ws-rx] NEW Issue back-channel not defined

-1!

It is important that we preserve the "without initiating a new connection" aspect.

Paul, unless you can come up with something more specific than: "I think there may be..."
then I see no reason to relax the definition as in this latest revision from Matt.

I would prefer we went with:

Backchannel: When the underlying transport provides a mechanism to return
a transport-protocol specific response without initiating a new connection,
we refer to this mechanism as a backchannel.

STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/chrisferris
phone: +1 508 377 9295

Paul Fremantle <paul@wso2.com>

12/14/2006 11:26 AM

Matthew Lovett <MLOVETT@uk.ibm.com>
cc
ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject
Re: [ws-rx] PR33 - Re: [ws-rx] NEW Issue back-channel not defined

+1

Thanks!

Paul