Subject: RE: [ws-rx] PR035, PR009, PR020: DA defs

I think I am +1'ing Stefan's comments.

The problem, frankly, is with the definition and use of "deliver" in the context of these definitons:

        Deliver: The act of transferring a message from the RM Destination to the Application Destination.

If I have an RMD and AD that are using transactions to exchange messages, then there may in fact be
many "deliveries" of the message frm the RMD to the AD until one of them finally commits.

Possibly, if we changed the definition of "deliver" to be:

        Deliver: The act of transferring responsibility for a message from the RM Destination to the Application Destination.

Then these definitions would not be as problematic.

the reason that I tried to avoid the use of the word deliver in my definition of delivery assurance was to
avoid this very problem.

STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/chrisferris