Subject: RE: [ws-rx] PR035: multiple DA policies?

I wasn't smart enough to figure this out at the time, but Doug has a point. You could have separate policies attached to the both binding and endpoint components of a WSDL description. When you combined these policies it might result in something like "This endpoint is using both AtLeastOnce and AtMostOnce". I'm not sure if requiring them to be "semantically equivalent" would cut it. I'm not sure I know what "semantically equivalent" even means in this context.

Do we have another issue here?

- gp

From: Doug Davis [mailto:dug@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2007 2:38 PM
To: Gilbert Pilz

Gil was afraid to mention this one the call but this is a potential issue.  I think if we added something like:
  If the DA assertion appears in more than one policy alternative, for a given endpoint, then they MUST all be semantically equivalent.
But maybe its just obvious.

thanks
STSM  |  Web Services Architect  |  IBM Software Group
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM T/L 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com

"Gilbert Pilz" <gpilz@bea.com>

02/01/2007 02:56 PM

<ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org>
[ws-rx] PR035: multiple DA policies?

Reading through the proposed changes to WS-RM Policy for PR035 it seems to me that it is possible for a endpoint to advertise support for multiple DAs, for example, AtLeastOnce or AtMostOnce. Is this true?

- gp

smime.p7s