Subject: Last Call Working Draft Transition: Web ServicesAddressing 1.0 -Metadata

The W3C WS-Addressing WG has published a Last Call Working Draft of Web Services Addressing 1.0 - Metadata specification.  The deadline for comments is 23 February 2007. The document is available at

  http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-ws-addr-metadata-20070202/

We look forward to receiving any comments your WG has on this Last Call Working Drafts. Comments on this document are invited and are to be sent to the public public-ws-addressing-comments@w3.org mailing list.  We are interested in particular in comments from the Web Services Policy and Web Services Description Working Group. We are also interested in comments from OASIS technical committees, in particular the Web Services Reliable Exchange (WS-RX) TC.

Please note that the document contains substantial changes compared to the previous version. In particular, the document does no longer define a WSDL extension element or a WSDL SOAP module. This new version defines WS-Policy assertions, based on the Web Services Policy 1.5 framework.

If your Working Group is interested in reviewing these drafts, please let me know, especially if you think you need more than three weeks after publication for your review.

The decision to move to Last Call was made on January 29, 2007 [1].

No formal objection has been reported.

No patent disclosure has been reported.

Thanks

-bob

W3C WS-Addressing WG chair

[1] http://www.w3.org/2007/01/29-ws-addr-minutes.html

Bob Freund, Hitachi, Ltd.

62 Peakham Road, Sudbury, Massachusetts 01776-2914

Tel: +1-978-440-8415,  Fax: +1-978-443-2168