Subject: Re: [ws-rx] My vote on the current RX specs ballot

Marc

I certainly was of the opinion on the call that this wasn't the TC's
intention, and nor was so literal a reading of the spec.

My understanding is that the WSRMP usage of WSP is confined to the
subset of features that is the same from 1.2 to 1.5 CR. Certainly I
didn't expect that Apache would confine itself to using WSRMP1.1 with
only WSP1.5.

Paul

Marc Goodner wrote:
> I filed this as a comment with my ballot. Based on some private messages
> I have received I think it is worth posting this to the list. It seems
> that my reading of the change to the RM Policy spec may be more literal
> than the TC’s intent. I’m posting this here with the intent of seeing if
> people disagree or not with my reasoning with respect to whether or not
> the RM Policy assertion can be used with the Policy 1.2 namespace even
> though our reference is now solely to Policy 1.5. I am especially
> interested in how any interpretations contrary to my own are supported
> by what is written in the specification.
>

> Regards,
>
> Marc g
>

> The late change from referencing WS-Policy 1.2 to WS-Policy 1.5 in RM
> Policy required that I abstain from the current ballot for the RX TC specs.
>

> This change was not technically necessary as the RM Policy assertion
> does not use any features of WS-Policy 1.5 alone and the assertion is
> backwards compatible with WS-Policy 1.2. The change does however mean
> that Microsoft cannot use the revised RM Policy assertion and be
> compliant to this specification until we also support the final version
> of WS-Policy 1.5.
>

> I believe that the delay caused by waiting for WS-Policy 1.5 to be
> completed is going to hurt the market adoption of WS-RM and WS-RM Policy.
>

> It is regretful that the TC made this change at the last minute thinking
> of the references alone rather than considering the change's impact on
> market adoption of the specifications.

VP/Technology and Partnerships, WSO2
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle