Subject: Re: [ws-rx] CD8

Tom Rutt wrote:

I realize now that the edits in cd 8.1 for wsmc and wsrmp have already
done what I am
asking for.

I am happy with the wording in 8.1 as a suitable "abstraction", as
outlined in our charter.

Tom Rutt
> Paul Fremantle wrote:
>> Dug
>>
>> Thanks very much for all your hard work on this.
>>
>> Anish - what are your thoughts on the CD8.01 proposal outlined below?
> This is doing what our charter says "If a referenced standard is not
> far enough along on
> standards track .... abstract its use"
>
> With this, all ws policy references should be put in non normative
> references section.
>
> Also, I suggest useingthe wording
>
> "wsp" is an abstraction pertaining to any ws policy namespace which is
> compatible
> with the policy assertion types defined in this specification.
>
> With this abstraction approach, we do not need to wait for ws policy
> to complete.
>
> Tom Rutt
>>
>> Paul
>>
>> Doug Davis wrote:
>>>
>>> All,
>>> A new folder called "CD08" has been created in the TC's document
>>> section [1].  In there you'll find 3 pdf files that shows the latest
>>> version of the specs with the WS-Policy namespace URI fixed:
>>>    WS-RM:
>>> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/22965/wsrm-1.1-spec-cd-07.pdf
>>>
>>>    WS-RMP:
>>> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/22966/wsrmp-1.1-spec-cd-08.pdf
>>>
>>>    WS-MC:
>>> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/22967/wsmc-1.0-spec-cd-04.pdf
>>>

>>> and there's also a zip file:
>>>    ZIP:
>>>  http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/22964/WSRX%20CD8.zip
>>>
>>> that contains everything, including 2 *-diff.pdf files showing what
>>> was changed from the old CD (for just MC and RMP - RM did not
>>> change). The only changes you should see in there are:
>>> 1 - increase in the CD version # (on title page and footers)
>>> 2 - update to the "previous version" names/URL - needed since we
>>> bumped up the CD version #
>>> 3 - fix to the WS-Policy namespace URI
>>>
>>> I encourage everyone to look these over to ensure that not only is
>>> the URI correct but also that no other unintended changes were made.
>>>
>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>

>>> Odds are the issue of pointing to the CR version of WS-Policy will
>>> come up on today's conf call, so to see if we can move things along
>>> there's also a new "CD08.1" folder. In there, again, you'll find 3
>>> pdf files:
>>>    WS-RM:
>>> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/22969/wsrm-1.1-spec-cd-07.pdf
>>>
>>>    WS-RMP:
>>> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/22970/wsrmp-1.1-spec-cd-08.pdf
>>>
>>>    WS-MC:
>>> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/22971/wsmc-1.0-spec-cd-04.pdf
>>>
>>> and a zip file:
>>>    ZIP:
>>> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/22968/WSRX%20CD8.1.zip
>>>
>>> The files in this folder contain all of the changes mentioned above.
>>>  However, WS-RMP and WS-MC also contain the following additional
>>> changes (which you'll see in the *-diff pdfs):
>>> 1 - removed "wsp" from the WS-RMP namespace table (not change needed
>>> for WS-MC)