Subject: Re: [ws-rx] Synchronizing references across the WS-RX/SX/TXspecifications - Sun Response

This is being posted to the WS-RX/SX/TX Lists
===========

 It is encouraging to see several members recognize the need to
coordinate the activities of at least some of the WS-* technical
committee (TCs) or work groups (WGs), especially with respect to their
normative references and across organizations.[1] The proposed actions
are highly desirable, yet provide only first steps to encourage
meaningful results for this complex set of WS-* specifications.

The proposal presented below warrants further discussion, both within
individual OASIS TCs and across those TCs as well as with other
organizations. OASIS has a mechanism for coordinated discussions such as
Joint Committee (within OASIS) and a liaison policy (for external
coordination outside OASIS) [See a and b]. Sun recommends that such
avenues be established to provide a public forum for such discussion and
that all relevant WS-* TCs and WGs appoint representatives. We believe
these are appropriates mechanisms to begin to resolve coordination
concerns in an open deliberative body such as OASIS and in collaboration
with other organizations.

Jiandong Guo (WS-SX member)
Mike Grogan (WS-RX member)
Monica J. Martin (WS-TX member)