Subject: Prelim minutes 5/17 call

Prelim minutes are attached.  Provide corrections before end of next week.

Tom Rutt

Title: Minutes of OASIS WS-RX Teleconference 5/17/2007

Minutes of OASIS WS-RX Teleconference

May 17, 2007

Start Time:4:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time

Sanjay acted as chair.

Textual Conventions

Ø  Action Item

Motion

§    Resolution

1         Roll Call

From Kavi:

meeting is quorate

Tom Rutt agreed to take minutes.

2         Agenda Approval

Agenda

Dial-in details: Thanks to Microsoft

(866) 500-6738

(203) 480-8000

PC: 2365501

IRC/Q Mgmt (thanks to DougD): http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/wsrx

1) Roll Call

2) Review and approval of the agenda

3) Approval of the Mar 29, 2007 meeting minutes

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/23441/MinutesWSRX-2007-03-29-1.htm

4) AI Review

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/members/action_items.php

5) Review standardization status of the specifications

6) Conf-call schedule / sponsorship

7) Any other business

Doug D: asked that an agenda item be added to 5, for the email he sent on charter change.

3         Approval of the 3/29 Minutes;

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/24028/MinutesWSRX-2007-03-29-2.htm

Tom R moved to approve 3/29 minutes, Doug D seconded.

§    No objections, minutes of 3/29 approved.

4         AI Review

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/members/action_items.php

None

5         Review standardization status of the specifications

Ballot opened May 16, and will last until end of month.  15 % membership required to vote yes (51 companies).

Sanjay asked all TC members to ensure that their primary member cast their vote.

Action: Sanjay to update the public home page to add links to the documents out for standard vote.

Doug sent email: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/email/archives/200705/msg00012.html

Per the previous discussions around synchronization with WS-Policy  [1], I'd like to propose the following ballot be setup:
-----
Do the members of the OASIS Web Services Reliable Exchange (WS-RX) TC approve clarifying the TC Charter with the following change:

"Under the Deliverable Section change:
Ratification of the above specifications as OASIS standards, including a brief period to address any errata will mark the end of the TC's lifecycle.

To:
Ratification of the above specifications as OASIS standards. Following this, ratification of updated specifications as revised OASIS standards to address any errata to fix errors and to replace policy references to the WS-Policy W3C Recommendation as soon as that Recommendation is available will mark the end of the TCs lifecycle. "
-----
So not to interfere with the current WS-RX OASIS ballot underway, the start date of the ballot will be June 1st.

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/email/archives/200704/msg00000.html

thanks
-Doug

Agreed to change TCs to TC’s on last line of proposal.

Doug D moved to start the ballot for charter change on June 1, seconded by Marc.

No objections, Kavi ballot will be issued on June 1, with agreed wording for charter update.

6         Conf-call schedule / sponsorship

Discuss on the ongoing schedule.

Martin suggested we only have 30 days to respond to no vote.  Thus I suggest we meet on june 7.

Marc suggested a meeting for June 7, then every four weeks thereafter.

Agreed to schedule meeting for June 7 (which can be cancelled if there are any no votes) with meetings every four weeks thereafter, starting July 12.

Gill volunteered to host a call.

Doug D also volunteered to host a call.

1         Any other business

Meeting adjourned at 4:19 PM EDT.