Subject: Prelim Minutes of 11-01 teleconf

Prelim minutes attached.

Title: Minutes of OASIS WS-RX Teleconference 10/04/2007

Prelim Minutes of OASIS WS-RX Teleconference

Nov 1, 2007

Start Time:4:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time

Pqul acted as chair.

Textual Conventions

Ø  Action Item

Motion

§         Resolution

1         Roll Call

From Kavi:

meeting is quorate

Tom Rutt agreed to take minutes.

2         Agenda Approval

Dial-in details: Thanks to Microsoft

(866) 500-6738

(203) 480-8000

PC: 2365501

IRC/Q Mgmt (thanks to DougD): http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/wsrx

Agenda

1. Roll Call

2. Review of Agenda

3. Approval of Minutes from 4th October 2007

4. New Issues

5. Update on SX Schedule - Marc Goodner

6. Status of Errata Doc from Editors

7. What number next?

8. Ongoing TC Schedule

9. Conference call sponsorship

10. AOB

Tom Rutt asked that a subject of Action Item review be placed before discussion on New Issues.

3         Approval of the October Minutes;

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/25950/MinutesWSRX-100407r1.htm

Tom moved to approve Oct minutes, Marc G seconded.

§    No objections, minutes of Oct 04, 2007 approved.

4         AI Review

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/members/action_items.php

#0133: Marc G to report to us on the expected progression of V.next for the SX tx

Owner: Marc Goodner

Closed

#0134: editors shall prepare the first errata document (160, 161, and to point at the latest Rec for policy 1.5..

Owner: Doug Davis

Closed

5         New Issues

Marc G issue:

Update specs to policy 1.5 guidelines.

http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-rx/200710/msg00009.html

Title: Update RM and MC policy assertions per Policy 1.5 guidelines

Protocol:  ws-rmp, ws-mc

Artifact:  spec

Type: editorial

I’ve reviewed the Policy 1.5 guidelines doc and in general didn’t find much, see attached. The one thing we didn’t do was handle in prose what to do for wsp:Ignorable according to guidelines 9 (describe in prose) and 10 (describe in XML). In many instances we’ve handled the XML job by already. The instances where it isn’t handled is where there is attribute extensibility, say for wsp:Optional, which would incorrectly permit the use of wsp:Ignorable. So we can pull the RM and MC assertions into shape from the guidelines perspective by adding prose that it isn’t allowed. For RM that would be a specific statement for the only assertion that allows attribute extensibility, and a similar change for the MC assertion. My suggested text follows.

Proposal:

For RM Policy, add the following statement to the end of section 2.2

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrmp/200702/wsrmp-1.1-spec-os-01.html#_Toc160540908

The RM policy assertion MUST NOT include the wsp:Ignorable attribute in its attributes with a value of true.

For MC, add the following statement to the end of section 3.4

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsmc/200702/wsmc-1.0-spec-os-01.html#_Toc162743908

The MakeConnection policy assertion MUST NOT include the wsp:Ignorable attribute in its attributes with a value of true.

Accepted as Issue 163

anish: wouldn't we also want to do a prohibit for wsp:Ignorable in the schema ?

Marc G: the schema is marked as extensible, so it is a prose extension.

Anish: I thought the schema could prohibit an attribute.

Ashok: you could add it as an optional attribute.

Marc G moved to accept proposal for new issue 163, seconded by Colleen.

No objection, Issue 163 closed with proposed resolution.

6         Update on SX Schedule - Marc Goodner

MrGoodner: http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-rx/200711/msg00002.html

Marc: they have at least one open issue and other errata issues.  They indicated that they could have their next SX spec versions by the end of this year.

Paul: lest postpone discussion until the next steps item.

7         Status of Errata Doc from Editors

Dug: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/25906/WSRX%20OS01e1.zip

Doug D: There are three errata, one for each spec, and there is also an updated spec.  The font changes were documented in the errata as generic (too many lines to cite directly).

Marc G: The font changes looked fine to me.

8         What number next?

Marc G: version 1.2 sounds fine for the RM specs.

Paul F: as of last meeting we decided to publish errata as soon as agree.  As soon as next rev is ready we would publish 1.2 versions.

Agreed to use version 1.2 with Make Connection as version 2.1.

Paul F: we need to keep working until the next versions are ready.

Paul F: what is process for errata?

Sanjay: 3.5 Approved Errata

A TC may approve a set of Errata to an OASIS Standard as "Approved Errata" to the corrected specification by:

(a) Adopting the set of proposed corrections as a Committee Draft, in the form of a list of changes, and optionally accompanied by a copy of the original specification text marked to incorporate the proposed changes.

(b) Confirming by Full Majority Vote that the proposed corrections do not constitute a Substantive Change.

(c) Submitting the proposed corrections for a 15-day public review, and completing that review, pursuant to Section 3.3.

(d) After the public review, confirming the proposed corrections as Approved Errata by a Full Majority Vote.

Once approved, the Approved Errata shall be with the specification it corrects, in any publication of that specification. Disposition of Approved Errata must be identified in the subsequent Public Review Draft of the corrected specification.

A TC may not adopt Approved Errata to an OASIS Standard more than once in any consecutive six-month period.

Martin C: I suggest a Ballot on the CD approval, and to ack it does not constitute substantive change, and to put out for Public Review.

Paul F: I think it best to do by Kavi Ballot, to give people chance to review.

Paul F: I will run a KAVI ballot for 7 days, if it passes we can start the public review immediately.  We can then do the full majority vote at our next meeting.

9         Ongoing TC Schedule

Schedule for TC teleconferences:

Nov 29 next meeting. (Microsoft will sponsor)

Subsequent meeting on Jan 17th.  (WsO2 will sponsor)

10   Conference call sponsorship

See above

11   AOB

None