Subject: Re: [ws-rx] New ballot "Approve Errata as CD, without substantive changesand put forward for Public Review"

Tom,
  could you clarify what you're proposing the TC do?  Also, since RM has a similar change I'm assuming you'd want the same "something" done for that too, right?

thanks
STSM  |  Web Services Architect  |  IBM Software Group
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM T/L 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com

Tom Rutt <tom@coastin.com>

11/12/2007 02:13 PM
Please respond to
tom@coastin.com

"Rutt, Tom" <TRutt@us.fujitsu.com>, Jacques Durand <JDurand@us.fujitsu.com>, Tom Rutt <tom@coastin.com>, wsrx <ws-rx@lists.oasis-open.org>
[ws-rx] New ballot "Approve Errata as CD, without substantive   changes and put forward for Public Review"

Even though it is too late to change the vote on the ballot for wsrx
errata (it passed), Fujitsu would like to point
out (as relayed from Iwasa to me) the fact that one of the changes was
substantive (however a needed bug fix).

In the make connection errata, there is a "schema" changes in namespace
prefix in the wsdl for make connection errata.

1.5 Appendix B. WSDL, line 662: 128
Replace: 129
xmlns:wsam="http://www.w3.org/2007/02/addressing/metadata"

With: 131
xmlns:wsam="http://www.w3.org/2007/05/addressing/metadata"

The contents of these two files, other than the namespace used, is
identical.

The reason for the change was to cite the rec rather than an earlier
version of the spec.

The namespace change first occured in
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-ws-addr-metadata-20070516/

the last version to use the old namespace was:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-ws-addr-metadata-20070202/

Even though the contents of the two schema files are the same (except
for the namespace change)
the change had to me made because the semantics of the Addressing policy
assertion changed.

In the 20070202 version an empty addressing assertion implied nothing
about support for non anon or anon

In the 20070516 version an empty addressing assertion implied support
for both non anon and anon.

This semantic change was what warranted the namespace change in the wsam
spec.

Unfortunately wsmc became a standard with the wrong ("02") namespace
included, (that was a bug).

So this is an important bug fix, but it does affect what goes on the
wire (since the namespace does appear on the wire).

Somehow we need to publicize this important bug fix, and clarify that it
will change what goes on the wire
from the voted standard.

Original message from Iwasa