Subject: Prelim minutes of 11/29 Teleconference

Prelim minutes attached.

Tom Rutt

Title: Minutes of OASIS WS-RX Teleconference 11/29/2007

Prelim Minutes of OASIS WS-RX Teleconference

Nov 29, 2007

Start Time:4:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time

?? acted as chair.

Textual Conventions

Ř  Action Item

Motion

§         Resolution

1         Roll Call

From Kavi:

meeting is quorate

Tom Rutt agreed to take minutes.

2         Agenda Approval

Dial-in details: Thanks to Microsoft

(866) 500-6738

(203) 480-8000

PC: 2365501

IRC/Q Mgmt (thanks to DougD): http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/wsrx

Agenda

1. Roll Call

2. Review of Agenda

3. Approval of Minutes from Nov 1 2007

4. New Issues

5. Update on SX Schedule

6. Status of Errata Doc from Editors

8. Ongoing TC Schedule

9. Conference call sponsorship

10. AOB

No changes

3         Approval of the Previous Minutes;

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/26082/MinutesWSRX-110107.htm

Tom moved to approve Nov 1 minutes, Colleen seconded.

§    No objections, minutes of Nov 1, 2007 approved.

4         AI Review

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/members/action_items.php

None

5         New Issues

None

6         Update on SX Schedule - Marc Goodner

Marc G: No cause for alarm.  TC is progressing and has closed on the 1.5 policy references issues.  CDs expected in January.  Editors drafts some time in December.  Hoping for January Public Review.

Action: Marc G to post urls for SX next version editor’s Drafts when available.  Status of Errata Doc from Editors

Dug: Mary has the erratas in her hands, and is ready to post a vote.  I send a mail on a problem in updating wsdl files.

All,

  There's a bit of a problem with the WSDL files we updated for the errata (RM and MC).  Since the WSDL files have been changed, per the OASIS rules, we can not simply override the existing WSDL file. We must create a new WSDL file - new w.r.t. its name but luckily we don't need to update any namespaces.  So, it would seem that one option will be to create a new URL/file at something like:

  http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrm/200702/wsrm-1.1-wsdl-200702e.wsdl

And we'd then need to update links in the specs (and mention it in the errata).

If we had thought about this problem before we could have used the "Latest URL" pattern (like we do for the specs themselves) and used something like:

  http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrm/v1.1/wsrm.wsdl

in the spec - and just made this URL point to the 'e' version of the wsdl.  So, I guess that's our 2nd option - change the specs to use a "Latest URL" pattern.

Thoughts, comments, other ideas...?

thanks

-Doug

Dug: the first alternative is the easiest on everyone.

Marc G: If you use the latest url, you also must clarify which one is used for this document.

Chris F: what about the RDDL document?  It should also be changed to update to the errata.  The fact that it is a different file name can be handled by the errata.   The reason for the rule is that when they publish and oasis standard it is all there and it will not change (i.e., permanent reference).   Having a different file name is no bid deal.

Chris F: you should not write code that downloads the wsdl at run time.

Paul F: we should bear this “latest” scheme in mind when preparing the next version.  Not needed for errata.

Chris F: I move that we add a suffix to the file name for the wsdl, seconded by Marc G.

Anish: I suggest the suffix be “e1”.

No objection to amendment by Anish

No objection to amended motion.  Motion carries

Action: Doug D will send a notice to Mary, with a new addition to errata.

Tom: Can we approve a new CD of errata with the agreed change?

Paul: the vote on ballot was agree to CD, agree not substantive change,

MrGoodner: I move seconded by Tom.

a) Adopt the set of proposed Errata documents (http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/25906/WSRX%20OS01e1.zip) as a Committee Draft modified so the wsdl is renamed wsrm-1.1-wsdl-200702e1.wsdl and reflected in the documents, and

(b) Confirm that the proposed corrections do not constitute a Substantive Change, and

(c) Submit the proposed corrections for a 15-day public review

No objection, full majority accepted motion on Ammended Errata progression.

1         Ongoing TC Schedule

Next meeting Jan 17th.

Paul F: Our goal is to produce CDs for a next version of the document.  We should wait until SC goes to vote, before we go to vote.

Marc G: we have to do a committee draft first.  We should try to keep SX and RX process in parallel.  It should proceed smoothly.

Paul F:  I want to avoid mutual inter-reference problems.

Colleen: The TX TC has similar situation, they have established a parallel timeline.

Colleen: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-tx/download.php/26120/wstx-1.2-timeline.doc

PaulFremantle1:

30 Jan 2008: Editors to complete final CD drafts, referring to anticipated SX 1.4 PR drafts.

Feb 7: Ballot to approve CD drafts as PR drafts. Full majority vote required.

Feb 21  Apr 21: 60 day public review. These dateS, and all subsequent dates will be gated by SX since we cannot progress ahead of SX.

May 1: Discuss any PR feedback. Editors prepare CS drafts.

May 7. Begin ballots to approve committee spec and to submit for OASIS membership approval

May 14 Complete ballot. Submit committee specs to OASIS for OASIS standard ballot.

June 1: OASIS to inform membership of forthcoming ballot

June 16: Membership ballot starts.

June 30. Voting period ends. All being well, we have an OASIS standard.

Chris F: the changes they made are self referential within a TC.  But we are dealing with two or three TCs.  If we want the OASIS standard reference we need to wait until they have a committee spec.

Paul F: we can due Public review based on their public review.  Then we can do a CS based on their CS.

Doug D: what is actually changing in the spec?

Paul F: we need to take this to the mailing list to evaluate, but we should aim for a similar target schedule.   A committee draft in January should be our first target.

Paul F: looking at calendar we need to schedule a meeting in February.

Doug D: do we need to do something about errata after 15 day review period?

Paul F: we can do a KAVI ballot after the Public review period.

Action: Paul F to post KAVI electronic ballot if there are no negative Public Review comments.

Paul F: next day for call is Feb 14, however can we change to Feb 21.

Colleen: why not Feb 7.

Paul F: we should schedule calls for both Feb 7 and Feb 21.

2         Conference call sponsorship

WS02 will sponsor Jan call.

IBM will sponsor for Feb 7 call.

Oracle will sponsor Feb 21 call.

3         AOB

Ian Jones: People want to be able to use WS-RM spec with intermediaries within EB XML.  Any help will be appreciated

Paul F: I would be interested in discussing that on the email list, Ian should send note to list.

Meeting adjourned at 4:40 PM EDT