Subject: Prelim 1/17 minutes

Prelim 1/17 minutes attached.

Title: Minutes of OASIS WS-RX Teleconference 1/17/2008

Prelim Minutes of OASIS WS-RX Teleconference

Jan 17, 2008

Start Time:4:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time

?? acted as chair.

Textual Conventions

Ø  Action Item

Motion

§         Resolution

1         Roll Call

From Kavi:

meeting is quorate

Tom Rutt agreed to take minutes.

2         Agenda Approval

Dial-in details (thanks to WSO2):

Code: 4886143

US (310)765-4820

Argentina (Buenos Aires) +54-11-52465918

Australia (Sydney) +61-290378402

Belgium (Brussels) +32-2-8080689

Brazil (Rio De Janeiro) +55-21-38230526

Chile (Santiago) +56-2-5708665

France (Paris) +33-17-6607089

Finland (Helsinki) +358-9-42598642

Germany (Frankfurt) +49-69-257378897

Ireland (Dublin) +353-1-5262734

Israel (Tel Aviv) +97-23-9155793

Italy (Rome) +39-06-99268329

Japan (Tokyo) +81-34-5801981

Luxembourg +35220203238

Mexico View List

Netherlands (Amsterdam) +31-20-2629670

New Zealand (Auckland) +64-9-4427327

Norway (Oslo) +47-21075032

Pakistan (Karachi) +92-21-7016854

Poland (Warsaw) +48-22-3987414

Spain (Madrid) +34-911-876509

Sweden (Stockholm) +46-8-40309947

Switzerland (Zurich) +41435004178

United Kingdom (London) +44-208-0995491

IRC/Q Mgmt (thanks to DougD): http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/wsrx

Agenda

1. Roll Call

2. Review of Agenda

3. Approval of Minutes from Nov 29, 2007

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-rx/200711/msg00017.html

4. New Issues

6. Result of the ballot for 'Approve proposed correction as Approved Errata' and next steps

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/ballot.php?id=1404

7. Issues Discussion

a> i162 Update WS-SecurityPolicy, WS-SecureConversation, and WS-Trust references

8. Ongoing TC Schedule

Previously discussed plan for version 1.2:

30 Jan 2008: Editors to complete final CD drafts, referring to anticipated SX 1.4 PR drafts.

Feb 7: Ballot to approve CD drafts as PR drafts. Full majority vote required.

Feb 21 Apr 21: 60 day public review. These dateS, and all subsequent dates will be gated by SX since we cannot progress ahead of SX.

May 1: Discuss any PR feedback. Editors prepare CS drafts.

May 7. Begin ballots to approve committee spec and to submit for OASIS membership approval

May 14 Complete ballot. Submit committee specs to OASIS for OASIS standard ballot.

June 1: OASIS to inform membership of forthcoming ballot

June 16: Membership ballot starts.

June 30. Voting period ends. All being well, we have an OASIS standard.

9. Next calls

Feb 7, Feb 21

10. AOB

No changes

3         Approval of the Previous Minutes;

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/download.php/26839/MinutesWSRX-112907.htm

Tom moved to approve Nov 29 minutes, Doug D seconded.

§    No objections, minutes of Nov 29, 2007 approved.

4         New Issues

None posted on mail

Marc G can no longer be an issues editor.

Paul F proposed a vote of thanks as the Issues Editor.

Until someone volunteers, the Secretary, Tom Rutt will keep track of New Issues.

5         Result of the ballot

Approve proposed correction as Approved Errata' and next steps

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-rx/ballot.php?id=1404

The ballot for errata was approved

19 of 27 votes

The TC process requires that errata be posted with the approved specs, and provide access to approved errata

Sanjay took action to work with OASIS staff to formally publish the errata and to updated all appropriate errata  links.

6         Issues Discussion

a> i162 Update WS-SecurityPolicy, WS-SecureConversation, and WS-Trust references

Colleen: It is my understanding that the SX TC is on track to have the documents as CD by end of January.

Sanjay took action to send a request for update of schedule to the SX TC chairs.

Doug B: Editors can work in parallel while we are waiting for the proper CD references for these documents.

Sanjay: This should only be changing the link from the existing spec to the future specs.

Doug D: this should be easy once we have the correct links available

Issue is left open

7         Ongoing TC Schedule

Previously discussed plan for version 1.2:

  • 30 Jan 2008: Editors to complete final CD drafts, referring to anticipated SX 1.4 PR drafts.
  • Feb 7: Ballot to approve CD drafts as PR drafts. Full majority vote required.
  • Feb 21 Apr 21: 60 day public review. These dateS, and all subsequent dates will be gated by SX since we cannot progress ahead of SX.
  • May 1: Discuss any PR feedback. Editors prepare CS drafts.
  • May 7. Begin ballots to approve committee spec and to submit for OASIS membership approval
  • May 14 Complete ballot. Submit committee specs to OASIS for OASIS standard ballot.
  • June 1: OASIS to inform membership of forthcoming ballot
  • June 16: Membership ballot starts.
  • June 30. Voting period ends. All being well, we have an OASIS standard.

Sanjay: ballot for CD drafts will depend on the single issue regarding links to SX TC docs.

We could still have a draft available by Feb 7, given the SX TC is complete

8         Next calls

Feb 7,

Sanjay: The Feb 7 meeting should be cancelled if the SC TC docs are not ready.

Doug B: there have been some document type name changes since this schedule was prepared.  This is when the votes have to happen, rather than the editorial changes and the template changes.

Anish: we need to ensure that any final doc is not completed until the final SX docs are completed.

Doug B: we need to have the timeline have a basis on when the SC docs are stable.

Agreed to schedule a call for Feb 7, to be cancelled if the SC TC docs are not near CD status.

Following meeting should be Feb 21.

1         AOB

Meeting adjourned at 4:28 PM.