Subject: RE: [ws-rx] Ballots wrong - need date

Paul, we may have a clearer picture of WS-SX progress in mid-late September (next meeting 11 September). WS-SX Public Review ends 23 September, placing any CS vote in ~October 2008. [1] We should consider an optimal approach to keep WS-SX, WS-TX and WS-RX fairly aligned to enter Member Vote. I suggest a checkpoint in September to consider a timeout horizon and whether a fallback plan is needed (such as whether to promote WS-SX set references to the current CDs if CS isn't achieved).

Thanks. mo

[1] SX Public Review notice: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/200807/msg00011.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Fremantle [mailto:paul@wso2.com]
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2008 7:38 AM
To: wsrx
Subject: [ws-rx] Ballots wrong - need date

It seems the ballots started didn't agree with the TC's motion, so Mary
is restarting them.

However, we need a "timeout" date. If the SX specs don't make it to TC
by that date, then the RX specs are promoted using references to the
current CD.

I also propose we lengthen the ballot length from 2 weeks to 3 given
that a lot of people are off on vacation in August.

Please can someone on the SX TC let us know their proposed schedule?

CTO and Co-Founder, WSO2
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair
VP, Apache Synapse

Office: +44 844 484 8143