ws-sx-comment message

Subject: RE: [ws-sx-comment] Policy to require persisted trace logencryption?

Thanks Hal - very quick response.

Is there much chance of the scope being increased or
is it limited by charter? I would think this would put off
many from using web services if they cannot ensure
encryption of the message in a trace as well as on the
wire. I'd compare it with what seems to be a better
scope for security in the ebXML stack, such as ebBP
where there is scope to cover how the message is
treated *after* it is received. Is there some reason
this kind of thing cannot be applied to other web
services too?

Stephen Green

Senior IT Officer
Bristol City Council
Room G45, Romney House
Romney Avenue
Bristol  BS7 9TB
Tel: 0117 922 3794
Fax: 0117 922 4877
Email: stephen_green@bristol.gov.uk

>>> "Hal Lockhart" <hlockhar@bea.com> 02/04/08 15:33 >>>
At the current time, the scope of WS-SecurityPolicy (and in fact the
entire family of WS-Security specifications) is the security mechanisms
applied to messages passing between a Web Service Consumer and a Web
Service. Thus the treatment of log, audit or trace files or their very
existence is out of scope as are other issues such as the Authorization
technology used, how stored application data is protected and which
Token issuers are trusted.

Hal

http://www.bristol.gov.uk/webcast

http://www.oasis-open.org/who/ipr/feedback_license.pdf