ws-sx-comment message

Subject: WS-Trust 1.3 and 1.4 inconsistencies

I'd like to inform you of some inconsistenties in the WS-Trust 1.3 and 1.4 specification. I wonder if the 1.4 specification is really terminated.

        <wsdl:output wsam:Action=http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-trust/200512/RSTR/ValidateFinal message="tns:RequestSecurityTokenResponseMsg"/>

It also refers to a non-existing xml schema http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-trust/200512/ws-trust.xsd with namespace http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-trust/200512 instead of http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-trust/200512(with slash at the end)
cfr http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-trust/200512/ws-trust-1.3.xsd

Compared to the wsdl of v1.3 it lacks some information, I think.

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-trust/200512/ws-trust-1.3.xsd
targetNamespace='http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-trust/200512/'

But the specification says:
The [URI] that MUST be used by implementations of this specification is:
52 http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-trust/200512

To my knowledge the W3C says trailing slashes are significant. The tools surely implement this.

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-trust/v1.4/ws-trust.xsd
Broken link: it should be http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-trust/v1.4/ws-trust-v14.xsd

references xmlns:wst='http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-trust/200512' (again without slash)

I wonder why the WS-Trust specifications are such a mess and I understand now why vendors have such difficulties to offer proper tool support.Can you please rectify these issues? Thanks.

Best Regards,

Willem Salembier
Architect