Subject: RE: [ws-sx] Issue 31: Clarification for UsernameToken assertion

Comments inline.

Gudge

[MJG]
I'm with you on type and usage. I'm unconvinced it's WSP's job to define what elements they contain. I think that's traditionally been the job of a WSS Token Profile.

> In that sense a client that creates a message IMHO needs to
> which elements a Usernametoken shall contains, which type of
> password to use etc. This cannot be defined as it stands today.

[MJG]
The client needs to be able to construct a token that matches the token profile in use.

If the token profile allows for variation, then the client can choose to send any token that matches the profile and the service should accept it.

Do you have a specific scenario in mind where a service only supports a subset of a WSS Token Profile?