Subject: RE: [ws-sx] Issue i009 - Proposal

Hal,

Here is my amendment to your proposal as discussed on the calls. I
wasn't sure what the easiest way to illustrate  diffs was, so I've just
reproduced your proposal and edited it, hope this is OK...

Gudge

Replace the text at the beginning of WS-SP section 8.5:

 ----
 The AsymmetricBinding assertion is used in scenarios in which message
 protection is provided by means defined in WSS: SOAP Message Security.
 This binding has two binding specific token properties; [Initiator
 Token] and [Recipient Token]. If the message pattern requires multiple
 messages, this binding defines that the [Initiator Token] is used for
 the message signature from initiator to the recipient, and for
 encryption from recipient to initiator. The [Recipient Token] is used
 for encryption from initiator to recipient, and for the message
 signature from recipient to initiator.
 ----

 With:

 ----
 The AsymmetricBinding assertion is used in scenarios in which message
 protection is provided by means defined in WSS: SOAP Message Security
 using asymmetric key (Public Key) technology. Commonly used asymmetric
 algorithms, such as RSA, allow the same key pair to be used for both
 encryption and signature. However it is also common practice to use
 distinct keys for encryption and signature, because of their different
 lifecycles.

 This binding enables either of these practices by means of
 four binding specific token properties:
 [Initiator Signature Token], [Initiator Encryption Token], [Recipient
 Signature Token] and [Recipient Encryption Token].

 If the same key pair is used for signature and encryption, then
 [Initiator Signature Token] and [Initiator Encryption Token] will
 both refer to the same token. Likewise [Recipient Signature Token]
 and [Recipient Encryption Token] will both refer to the same token.

 If distinct key pairs are used for signature and encryption, then
 [Initiator Signature Token] and [Initiator Encryption Token] will
 refer to different tokens. Likewise [Recipient Signature Token]
 and [Recipient Encryption Token] will refer to different tokens.

 If the message pattern requires multiple messages, the [Initiator
 Signature Token] is used for the message signature from initiator to
the
 recipient. The [Initiator Encryption Token] is used for the response
 message encryption from recipient to the initiator. The [Recipient
 Signature Token] is used for the response message signature from
 recipient to the initiator. The [Recipient Encryption Token] is used
for
 the message encryption from initiator to the recipient. Note that in
 each case, the token is associated with the party (initiator or
 recipient) who knows the secret.
 ----

 Replace the text;

 ----
 /sp:AsymmetricBinding/wsp:Policy/sp:InitiatorToken
 This assertion indicates a requirement for an Initiator Token.
 The specified token populates the [Initiator Token] property and
 is used for the message signature from initiator to recipient,
 and encryption from recipient to initiator.
 ----

 With

 ----
 /sp:AsymmetricBinding/wsp:Policy/sp:InitiatorToken
 This assertion indicates a requirement for an Initiator Token.
 The specified token populates the [Initiator Signature Token] and
 [Initiator Encryption Token] properties and is used for the message
 signature from initiator to recipient, and encryption from
 recipient to initiator.
 ----

 Replace the text;

 ----
 /sp:AsymmetricBinding/wsp:Policy/sp:RecipientToken
 This assertion indicates a requirement for a Recipient Token.
 The specified token populates the [Recipient Token] property and
 is used for encryption from initiator to recipient, and for the
 message signature from recipient to initiator.
 ----

 With

 ----
 /sp:AsymmetricBinding/wsp:Policy/sp:RecipientToken
 This assertion indicates a requirement for a Recipient Token.
 The specified token populates the [Recipient Signature Token] and
 [Recipient Encryption Token] properties and is used for encryption
 from initiator to recipient, and for the message signature from
 recipient to initiator.
 ----

 Immediately below the text:

 ----
 /sp:AsymmetricBinding/wsp:Policy/sp:RecipientToken/wsp:Policy
        The policy contained here MUST identify one or more token
 assertions.
 ----

 Insert:

 ----
 /sp:AsymmetricBinding/wsp:Policy/sp:InitiatorSignatureToken
 This assertion indicates a requirement for an Initiator Signature
 Token. The specified token populates the [Initiator Signature Token]
 property and is used for the message signature from initiator to
 recipient.

 /sp:AsymmetricBinding/wsp:Policy/sp:InitiatorSignatureToken/wsp:Policy
 The policy contained here MUST identify one or more token assertions.

 /sp:AsymmetricBinding/wsp:Policy/sp:InitiatorEncryptionToken
 This assertion indicates a requirement for an Initiator Encryption
 Token. The specified token populates the [Initiator Encryption Token]
 property and is used for the message encryption from recipient to
 initiator.

 /sp:AsymmetricBinding/wsp:Policy/sp:InitiatorEncryptionToken/w
 sp:Policy
 The policy contained here MUST identify one or more token assertions.
 /sp:AsymmetricBinding/wsp:Policy/sp:RecipientSignatureToken
 This assertion indicates a requirement for a Recipient
 Signature Token. The specified token populates the [Recipient Signature
Token] property
 and is used for the message signature from recipient to initiator.

 /sp:AsymmetricBinding/wsp:Policy/sp:RecipientSignatureToken/wsp:Policy
 The policy contained here MUST identify one or more token assertions.

 /sp:AsymmetricBinding/wsp:Policy/sp:RecipientEncryptionToken
 This assertion indicates a requirement for a Recipient Encryption
 Token. The specified token populates the [Recipient Encryption Token]
 property and is used for encryption from initiator to recipient.

 /sp:AsymmetricBinding/wsp:Policy/sp:RecipientEncryptionToken/w