Subject: RE: [ws-sx] Issue 27: When to include a token?

Werner,

Here is an amended proposal for closing issue 27.

Cheers

Gudge

<Proposal>
Token inclusion and Token references

 A token assertion may carry a sp:IncludeToken attribute that requires
 that the token be included in the message. The Web Services Security
 specifications [WSS10, WSS11] define mechanisms for tokens are
 included in a message.

 Several Token assertions (see Section 5.3) support mechanisms
 for referencing tokens in addition to Direct References, for example
 external URI references or references using a Thumbprint.

 Certain combination of sp:IncludeToken value and token reference
 assertions can result in a token appearing in a message more than
 once. For example, if a token assertion carries a sp:IncludeToken
 attribute with a value of '.../Always' and that token assertion also
 contains a nested sp:RequireEmbeddedTokenReference (see Section 5.3.3)
 assertion, then the token would be included twice in the message.
 While such combinations are not in error, they are probably best
avoided
 for efficiency reasons.

 If a token assertion contains multiple reference assertions then