Subject: RE: [ws-sx] Issue 33: Identity security header components that are encrypted when using (A)Symmetric binding

Prateek,

Paul kindly pointed me to the right thread, so I'm replying here so
maybe we can keep the threads together. Apart from this paragraph and
the text of your/Marc's mail below the content of this mail is identical
to my previous one.

I think we discussed on one of the calls, that more things were signed
than encrypted in the security header. However, certain things are
encrypted, so perhaps we should rename the issue;

"Identify security header components that are signed and/or encrypted"

Is that what you would like to clarify? Or was it just encrypted
elements? Or just signed elements?

A quick look at Appendix C turns up, for the symmetric binding at least;

SignedSupportingTokens
SignedEndorsingSupportingTokens
[Signature Token] in the case where [Token Protection] is set to true.

as being signed and;

Message signature in the case where [Encrypt Signature] is true

as being encrypted.

I guess I'm wondering whether it is worth stating a list of
signed/encrypted elements at the binding level given that the presence
of those elements depends on various property values and in some case
the signing and/or encrypting depends on property values too.

Gudge