Subject: Re: [ws-sx] Issue 31: Token properties

Greg,

It's enough for WS-Security, WS-Trust, etc to say I want a SAML token as that is all the is profiled in WSS, there is nothing that the wire format of these specifications depend on in regards to token specifics.

Inactive hide details for Greg Whitehead <greg.whitehead@hp.com>Greg Whitehead <greg.whitehead@hp.com>

          Greg Whitehead <greg.whitehead@hp.com>

          04/07/2006 07:15 AM

Anthony Nadalin/Austin/IBM@IBMUS

cc

"Symon Chang" <schang@bluetitan.com>, "Scott Cantor" <cantor.2@osu.edu>, "Tony Gullotta" <tony.gullotta@soa.com>, ws-sx@lists.oasis-open.org

Subject

Re: [ws-sx] Issue 31: Token properties

It seems to me that an RST needs to specify the desired properties of the requested token in enough detail that the STS can satisfy the request without relying on out-of-band information.

As has already been pointed out, it's not enough to say that you want a SAML token.

-Greg