Subject: RE: [ws-sx] Proposal for Issue #31 - Richer Username Token Policies

Hal,

Notwithstanding my continued scepticism that any of this is necessary,
is there some reason you didn't go with an approach like;

<sp:UsernameToken>
 <wsp:Policy>
  <sp:NoPassword />
 </wsp:Policy>
</sp:UsernameToken>

<sp:UsernameToken>
 <wsp:Policy>
  <sp:HashPassword />
 </wsp:Policy>
</sp:UsernameToken>

where sp:NoPassword and sp:HashPassword set a tri-value property that
defaults to 'plaintext password'. I don't really understand why you'd
create separate token assertions rather than using nested assertions in
this case.

Also, did you intend to disallow sp:RequireDerivedKeys et.al. in the
plain-text and hash cases?

Gudge