Subject: Re: Proposal for resolving issue 33 ( was RE: [ws-sx] Issue 33: Identitysecurity header components that are encrypted when using (A)Symmetric binding)

Martin,

my apologies replying quite so late. But I have finally had a little
time to look at your proposal.

I think it addresses most of my issues but I do have one question.

1.

I am a little puzzled by the specific reference to UserNameToken in:

[quote]

X.4 Elements that are encrypted

1.	The ds:Signature element that forms the message signature when
[Signature Protection] has a value of 'true'
2.	All wsse11:SignatureConfirmation elements when [Signature
Protection] has a value of 'true'
3.	Any wsse:UsernameToken when a transport binding is NOT being
used.
[\quote]

From this i understand that to require a supporting token be encrypted (e.g., SAML assertion) we would need
to use a sp:EncryptedElement assertion. But the case of wsse:UsernameToken is somehow being treated
differently?

- prateek