Subject: RE: [ws-sx] Issue 71: Guidance on Policy Application

OK, how about adding to the last para of 2.3 so that it reads in full;

"Together the above pieces of information, along with the assertions
describing conditions and scope, provide enough information to secure
messages between an initiator and a recipient. A policy consumer has
enough information to construct messages that conform to the service's
policy and to process messages returned by the service. Note that a
service may choose to reject messages despite them conforming to its
policy, for example because a client certificate has expired. Note also
that a service may choose to accept messages that do not conform to its
policy."

Would that do the job?

Gudge