Subject: RE: [ws-sx] Proposal for Issue 78

Well my choice of MUST was deliberate and I stand by it. I don't think
the argument about breaking existing implementations holds water. We
have already made changes to all three specifications that break
existing implementations. For example, our implementation based on the
submitted version of WS-SP is not broken.

This is a natural result of a standardization process when production
implementations precede the standards. We must look to the end state,
not the current point in time and educate our customers and partners
that this is a natural consequence of an accelerated standards process.

As far as standards go, the only standard I am aware of which has a
specific proposal to use this functionality is WS-RM, which is not yet
in final form.

My concern with RECOMMENDED is that it will force us to write extra code
to deal with this possibility as a receiver.

Hal