OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

ws-sx message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: RESEND - WS-SX TC Minutes, August 2nd 2006

No changes, trying to get this to post in the archive after last week's OASIS mail server  outage.

-----Original Message-----
From: mgoodner@microsoft.com [mailto:mgoodner@microsoft.com] 
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2006 3:33 PM
To: ws-sx@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ws-sx] WS-SX TC Minutes, August 2nd 2006

WS-SX TC Minutes, August 2nd 2006

Summary of new Action Items:

1. Call to order/roll call
Hal Lockhart                 BEA Systems, Inc.*         
Denis Pilipchuk                 BEA Systems, Inc.*         
Corinna Witt                 BEA Systems, Inc.*         
Yakov Sverdlov         CA*                         
Dana Kaufman                 Forum Systems, Inc.*         
Toshihiro Nishimura         Fujitsu Limited*         
Greg Whitehead         Hewlett-Packard*         
Ching-Yun (C.Y.) Chao         IBM*                         
Henry (Hyenvui) Chung         IBM*                         
Heather Hinton         IBM*                         
Kelvin Lawrence         IBM*                         
Anthony Nadalin         IBM*                         
Bruce Rich                 IBM*                         
Mike Lyons                 Layer 7 Technologies Inc.*         
Jan Alexander                 Microsoft Corporation*         
Greg Carpenter         Microsoft Corporation*         
Paul Cotton                 Microsoft Corporation*         
Colleen Evans                 Microsoft Corporation*         
Mark Fussell                 Microsoft Corporation*         
Vijay Gajjala                 Microsoft Corporation*         
Marc Goodner                 Microsoft Corporation*         
Martin Gudgin                 Microsoft Corporation*         
Chris Kaler                 Microsoft Corporation*         
Asir Vedamuthu         Microsoft Corporation*         
Norman Brickman         Mitre Corporation*                 
Lloyd Burch                 Novell*                 
Steve Carter                 Novell*                 
Rich Levinson                 Oracle Corporation*                 
Ashok Malhotra         Oracle Corporation*         
Prateek Mishra                 Oracle Corporation*         
Alex Hristov                 Otecia Incorporated*         
Martin Raepple                 SAP AG*         
Tony Gullotta                 SOA Software Inc.*         
Jiandong Guo                 Sun Microsystems*         
Don Adams                 Tibco Software Inc.*         
Ruchith Fernando         WSO2*         

The following members achieved voting status at the end of the call: 
Heather Hinton, BEA Systems, Inc.*          
Rich Levinson, Oracle Corporation

2. Reading/Approving minutes of last meeting (July 26) http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-sx/email/archives/200607/msg00083.html

Adopted unanimously.

3. TC Logistics (10 minutes or less)
OASIS has notice out that the email function has crashed.
Any mail sent on or since Monday the 31st will need to be resent.

Brief discussion of October F2F
Chairs are determining criteria now, will discuss next week.

4. Interop status
4 companies now participating
2 companies are providing endpoints.
There has been a lot of success with scenarios 1,3, 4 and 5 No new issues found with WS-Trust yet.
Reminder that interop was supposed to have ended today.
Discussion that some companies may not be able to keep endpoints up indefinitely, others suggested they may continue on longer.
Will report back next week with an anonymized matrix to report results.

5. Issues list
a) Review of action items
AI-2006-04-04-08 - Marc Goodner with help from Prateek Mishra to document interop message flows based on the current version of SC/Trust.

Comments were posted but lost due to OASIS email problems.

Discussed Fredericks comments (editorial and policy), decided to hold until Frederick is on the call.

b) Issues in Review status


c) New issues
Hal will send in two new issues when the email list is back up.
Copy mgoodner@microsoft.com directly

i097 - No support for message level encryption of headers for WSS 1.0?
Gudge proposed text here:
No objections to accepting, status changed to pending.

i098 - Inconsistencies related to SignedParts/* assertion Multi-part issue, For first part Gudge made some editorial suggestions No objections to accepting, status changed to pending.
Some discussion over part of the issue that Gudge suggested there was no need to address Fine with opening new issue if needed.

d) Active issues

i004 - Transitive closure spec dependencies In progress.

i008 - Need well formed XML examples
Standing item, not discussed.

i066 - SecurityPolicy use cases
In progress
Should have responses, not necessarily a revised doc, ready by next weeks meeting.

i077 - Use of Section 8 from WS-SC forces applications to be WSS schema aware Prateek will still respond to Jan, however issue can be closed No objections to close with no action

i078 - Specify Reference Types for References to SCT New proposal has been posted Email discussion has been hampered by OASIS email list problems.

i081 - Provide policy statements and associated URIs that can be referenced from wsp:PolicyReference statements Not discussed, tied to issue 66.

i090 - Description of Strict Formatting seems wrong for EncryptedKey (change issue type from editorial to design) Gudge suggested to look at Appendix C.3 The appendix may need simpler examples If new examples are needed for C.3, please create a new issue

i093 - Need a holder for token assertions within the SupportingTokens assertions No objection to closing with no action Rationale captured here: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-sx/200607/msg00071.html

i094 - We need a definition for "domain" in WS-SecurityPolicy Two points of view, one is reflected in current document (i.e. all things related to security are a domain).
Ashook will send out mail on his point of view when the OASIS email list is back up.

i096 - Ensure Appendix A is complete
Standing item, not discussed.

f) Pending issues
Not discussed.

i071 - Guidance on Policy Application

i074 - Add <EncryptSupportingToken> element to Sections 7.4 and7.5

i079 - Is Bootstrap policy a PolicyAssertion

i080 - Handling EncryptParts specified under SupportingTokens

i082 - Remove duplicate RFC2119 reference

i083 - Remove shading from figures, possibly enlarge

i084 - Assertions with nested policy do not indicate it

i085 - Replace ID with Id for Id attribute

i088 - No XPath default

i089 - Minor editorial comments on security policy

i091 - security policy help for example C.3.2

i092 - Proposed SP change related to issue 52

i095 - Amend text for nested assertions in WS-SP

5. AOB

We need more hosts for the TC call, please contact Chris and Kelvin.

6. Adjournment

The meeting adjourned at 7:45am PST.

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]