Subject: Re: [ws-sx] Interop scenarios document issues

No not saying bearer tokens are not valid, I'm not seeing a valid interop scenario here, there are lost of tokens types that we request, what be the usage of the bearer token, in the rest of the scenarios we wind up using tokens acquired which give us valid scenarios.

Inactive hide details for Prateek Mishra <prateek.mishra@oracle.com>Prateek Mishra <prateek.mishra@oracle.com>

          Prateek Mishra <prateek.mishra@oracle.com>

          08/08/2006 09:42 AM

Anthony Nadalin/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, ws-sx@lists.oasis-open.org

cc

Subject

Re: [ws-sx] Interop scenarios document issues

I am not sure what your point here is. Are you suggesting that SAML
bearer tokens arent "useful"?

That seems a strange thought to me: for example, you are co-author of a
draft which uses SAML bearer tokens to accomplish SSO.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/ws-fedpass/

Both the SAML 1.1 and SAML 2.0 web browser POST profiles are based on
use of a SAML bearer token. You can find more information about
these standards at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=security

Any of these protocols could be used following the completion of
Scenario #2.

- prateek

> While the specifications are extensible and there are a lot of various
> scenarios, it would be more beneficial to have scenarios that are
> useful. I find scenario #2 not very useful as I'm not seeing the
> completion of the scenario, the token returned (a SAML bearer token)
> never gets used. Not finding a real use for this scenario.
>
> Anthony Nadalin | Work 512.838.0085 | Cell 512.289.4122

GIF image