Subject: Re: [ws-sx] PR Issue 3: References to non-standard specifications

Greg,

Yes, I understand it is not required, but I "hope" such references
will be removed.

One of the reason is they are not stable specifications.
There is following notion in WS-Federation July 2003, which WS-Trust
refereces:
| The WS-Federation Specification may change before final release and
| you are cautioned against relying on the content of this
| specification.
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnglobspec/html/ws-federation.asp)
And WS-SC references WS-MEX September 2004 which has updated recently.

I don't want see references to specifications in such unstable status
in standard specifications.

Secondly, other OASIS TC(s) discussed similar issue and concluded to
remove such references.
For example, WSN TC had the following issue and the TC agreed the
approach (to remove them):
| WSN4.25: Remove references to specifications not in open standards bodies
| Remove references (under both normative and non-normative references
| sections) to specifications that are not under any open standards
| body.
(http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/18563/WSN_IssuesList2.38.doc)

If removing such references doesn't have any effects on the
specifications, I hope they will be removed.
---
NISHIMURA Toshihiro (FAMILY Given)
nishimura.toshi@jp.fujitsu.com
STRATEGY AND TECHNOLOGY DIV., SOFTWARE UNIT, FUJITSU LIMITED