Subject: RE: [ws-sx] Issue 120: minor editorial comments on Trust andWS-SecureConversation

Looking at this again I agree that you are correct on changing RST to RSTR on line 431. So I think we agree on the changes needed here now.

-----Original Message-----
From: NISHIMURA Toshihiro [mailto:nishimura.toshi@jp.fujitsu.com]
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2006 6:08 PM
To: Marc Goodner
Cc: ws-sx@lists.oasis-open.org

Marc,

Thank you for your comment.
Now, only one item we disagree is about changing "RST" to "RSTR".

I put my comment inline (I removed agreeed ones).

On WS-Trust:
> > Line 422: "recipient" would be "requestor"
> >

> MG: I think this is unnecessary, in context of the text they are synonymous.

I thought distinguishing "recipient of response" from "recipient of
request" is good.
But "recipient" is OK, because "recipient" is not used in the adjacent
paragraph.

> > Line 431: change "RST" to "RSTR"
> >

> MG: I believe RST is correct here.

The paragraph (Line 424-431) describes about RSTR in the header block.
Only this sentence (Line 431) mentions about RST in the header block.
I can't find any part describing about RST in the header block in the
specification. So, I assume "RST" is "RSTR".

On WS-SecureConversation:

> > Line 537-538: I think "over the security context signature
> > created using ..." would be "over the security context using ..."
> >

> MG: I believe this text is correct as it is discussing how to sign over an SCT based signature.

OK. I understand that "security context signature" means "the
signature created using the key associated with the security context".
I first misread "providing signatures ... using the key associated
with the security context".

> > Line 779-781,883: different default value. I think L883
> > should be changed. (change
> > "WS-SecureConversationWS-SecureConversation" to
> > "WS-SecureConversation")
> >

> MG: The TC already worked through this to arrive at the current value. See issue 105.

OK. Thank you. Now I understand it.

---
NISHIMURA Toshihiro (FAMILY Given)
nishimura.toshi@jp.fujitsu.com
STRATEGY AND TECHNOLOGY DIV., SOFTWARE UNIT, FUJITSU LIMITED