Subject: RE: [ws-sx] Issue PR008: Element Names Inconsistent in Layout Policy

Hal,

Security bindings inside the security policy specification are modeled using properties. The values for the security binding’s properties are set using assertions inside the policy documents. There is a mapping between property values and assertions that is defined by the specification. In this particular case, there is a mapping defined for sp:Layout/wsp:Policy/sp:LaxTsFirst and sp:Layout/wsp:Policy/sp:LaxTsLast and values defined for the security binding’s [Security Header Layout] property – LaxTimestampFirst and LaxTimestampLast. This mapping is defined in the individual assertions description text in section 7.2.

I agree with you that the name of the assertion and the value of the property could be the same however I don’t see this as a requirement. Also the property values unlike assertions do not have direct on-the-wire representation, they are only used by the specification document to describe various variables that influence the security binding. Therefore I don’t see a need to change the [Security Header Layout] property values to match the assertions.

Thanks,

--Jan

From: Greg Carpenter [mailto:gregcarp@microsoft.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 3:47 PM
To: ws-sx@lists.oasis-open.org

Issue PR008

  • From: "Hal Lockhart" <hlockhar@bea.com>
  • To: <ws-sx@lists.oasis-open.org>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 14:13:56 -0800

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL OR START A DISCUSSISON THREAD UNTIL

THE ISSUE IS ASSIGNED A NUMBER.

The issues coordinators will notify the list when that has occurred.

Protocol:  ws-sp

-securitypolicy-1.2-spec-cd-01.pdf

Artifact:  spec

Type:

editorial

Title:

Element Names Inconsistent in Layout Policy

Section 6.7 has:

LaxTimestampFirst

LaxTimestampLast

But Section 7.2 has:

<sp:LaxTsFirst ... />  and  <sp:LaxTsLast ... />

Related issues:

none

Proposed Resolution:

Change section 6.7 to LaxTsFirst and LaxTsLast

Hal