Subject: RE: [ws-sx] Issue PR020: Provide mechanism to specify signing orencryption of SwA (SOAP Messages with Attachments)

Frederick,

Yes, that was exactly my issue. Uniformly protecting all attachments sounds like a reasonable approach to me.

I think it would help if you provide more detailed wording for your proposal so that editors can just use it in the document when the issue gets accepted by the TC.

Thanks,
--Jan

-----Original Message-----
From: Frederick Hirsch [mailto:frederick.hirsch@nokia.com]
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2007 6:46 AM
To: Jan Alexander
Cc: Frederick Hirsch; ws-sx@lists.oasis-open.org; Greg Carpenter

Jan

Thank you for reviewing my proposal.

The simplest case is to simply require all attachments to be signed/
encrypted,  presumably sign first if both.

I'm not sure how policy author would be able to state for individual
attachments since cid's are probably not available at the time policy
is written. Thus I'm not sure how to state meaningful policy at a
granularity of individual attachment at policy writing time.

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia