Subject: RE: Issue PR025: Clarify that consistent versions of WS-Policy andWS-PolicyAttachment specifications MUST be used

I think it would be unusual to chose conflicting versions of these specifications. If one is going to use Policy 1.2 it would make sense to stay conformant with the references there, which would be Policy Attachment 1.2. The same would hold for Policy 1.5. There are not cross references between Policy 1.2 and Policy 1.5 specifications that would introduce this problem. We don’t need to address this in my opinion.

I propose we close this issue with no action.

From: Greg Carpenter
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2007 7:12 AM
To: ws-sx@lists.oasis-open.org

[[ gleaned from the spreadsheet of SP PR comments posted at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-sx-comment/200704/msg00000.html ]]
Protocol:  ws-securitypolicy
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-securitypolicy/200702/ws-securitypolicy-1.2-spec-cd-02-diff.pdf
Artifact:  spec / schema
Type: design
Title: Clarify that consistent versions of WS-Policy and WS-PolicyAttachment specifications MUST be used
section 1 -- line 9:
This document refers to both WS-Policy and WS-PolicyAttachment, so we must be consistent.
Related issues:
None.
Proposed Resolution:
Clarify that consistent versions of WS-Policy and WS-PolicyAttachment specifications MUST be used..