Subject: RE: Request to start WS-SX ballots

Hi Kelvin,

  Just a couple of things: I need an XHTML version of the specification (editable source, PDF and XHTML), and also the disposition log noting the resolution of comments received.

  Thanks!

Mary

From: Kelvin Lawrence [mailto:klawrenc@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2007 1:17 PM
To: Mary McRae; tc-admin@oasis-open.org
Cc: ws-sx@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Request to start WS-SX ballots

Mary,

We’ve now received four statements of use for WS-SecurityPolicy(SP).
http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-sx/200704/msg00019.html
http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-sx/200704/msg00020.html
http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-sx/200704/msg00056.html
http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-sx/200704/msg00057.html

Can you please start the following ballots to approve SP as a CS spec and request to start the OS ballot as the TC agreed in the minutes below[1]?
The WS-SX TC chairs, upon obtaining the required three Statements of Use, shall request the OASIS TC administrator to initiate: I believe this would suffice for the wording of the ballots.

Approve WS-SecurityPolicy as a Committee Specification
Shall WS-SecurityPolicy, referenced below be approved as a Committee Specification set by the OASIS Web Services Secure Exchange (WS-SX) TC?
Doc version: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-sx/download.php/23669/ws-securitypolicy-1.2-spec-cd-02-r02.doc
Pdf version: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-sx/download.php/23668/ws-securitypolicy-1.2-spec-cd-02-r02.pdf

Submit WS-SecurityPolicy for OASIS Standard Vote
If the ballot dated (today?) to move WS-SecurityPolicy to Committee Specification status passes, do you further vote to send the specification to OASIS for a standardization vote?

We’ll begin working on the submission package for you now.

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/ws-sx/200704/msg00054.html

Cheers
Kelvin