Subject: Re: [ws-sx] Proposed Charter Clarification

Hal:

How specific do you propose the addition be?  Are we talking only the XML
content or actual C#, Java (+ whatever else someone wants to write) code
samples showing how to hook into the SOAP processing model?

I agree with your addition but would like clarification.

Duane

On 7/2/07 8:13 AM, "Hal Lockhart" <hlockhar@bea.com> wrote:

> I took an action to propose text for a clarification of the charter.
>
> Section d of the charter currently reads:
>
> -----
> d. Deliverables
>
> The TC has the following set of deliverables:
>
>     * A revised Web Services SecureConversation specification and
> associated Schema. A Committee Specification is scheduled for completion
> within 18 months of the first TC meeting.
>
>     * A revised Web Services Trust specification with associated Schema
> and WSDL. A Committee Specification is scheduled for completion within
> 18 months of the first TC meeting.
>
>     * A revised Web Services SecurityPolicy specification and associated
> Schema. A Committee Specification is scheduled for completion within 18
> months of the first TC meeting.
>
> These specifications will reflect refinements, corrections or material
> technological improvements with respect to the input documents and in
> accordance with this charter. Ratification of the above specifications
> as OASIS standards. Following this, ratification of updated
> specifications as revised OASIS standards to address any errata to fix
> errors and to replace policy references to the WS-Policy W3C
> Recommendation as soon as that Recommendation is available will mark the
> end of the TCs lifecycle.
> ----
>
> I propose adding the following text below the third bullet.
>
> "    * A Web Services Security Policy Examples document containing
> narrative descriptions, example policies and example messages for
> message exchanges which are expected to be widely used. A Committee
> Specification is scheduled for completion by the end of calendar 2007."
>
> Hal

Sr. Technical Evangelist - Adobe Systems, Inc.                         *
Chair - OASIS SOA Reference Model Technical Committee                  *
Blog: http://technoracle.blogspot.com                                  *
My Music: http://www.mix2r.com/audio/by/artist/22ndcentury             *
My Band: http://www.myspace.com/22ndcentury                            *
(if (rains)(exists (x)(and (falls x mainlyOnPlain)(rains x inSpain)))) *