Subject: RE: [ws-sx] Proposed Charter Clarification

Hmmm, there are also examples in the WS-SecurityPolicy document. So would like to have a consistent set of examples across all the specifications if the goal is to provide examples

Inactive hide details for "Tony Gullotta" ---07/03/2007 09:55:08 AM---I understand the inconsistency of having only ws-sp cover"Tony Gullotta" ---07/03/2007 09:55:08 AM---I understand the inconsistency of having only ws-sp covered by an examples document, but I’m not sure we need one for the othe

          "Tony Gullotta" <tony.gullotta@soa.com>

          07/03/2007 09:50 AM

Anthony Nadalin/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, "Rich Levinson" <rich.levinson@oracle.com>

cc

"Hal Lockhart" <hlockhar@bea.com>, Kelvin Lawrence/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, "Prateek Mishra" <prateek.mishra@oracle.com>, <ws-sx@lists.oasis-open.org>

Subject

RE: [ws-sx] Proposed Charter Clarification

I understand the inconsistency of having only ws-sp covered by an examples document, but I’m not sure we need one for the others. Ws-Trust, for example, has plenty of message examples in the spec itself. This document is filling a void in the current ws-sp spec. Would adding the examples to the ws-sp spec directly remove the inconsistency you’re concerned with?

From: Anthony Nadalin [mailto:drsecure@us.ibm.com]
Sent:
Monday, July 02, 2007 8:30 PM
To:
Rich Levinson
Cc:
Hal Lockhart; Kelvin Lawrence; Prateek Mishra; ws-sx@lists.oasis-open.org
Re: [ws-sx] Proposed Charter Clarification

Suggest that the interop documents be a start of including this material, does not make sense to have just WS-SecurityPolicy examples if we are going to have a examples document should be inclusive of the TC efforts

Inactive hide details for Rich Levinson ---07/02/2007 10:21:40 PM---The examples document is intended as stated in the abstractRich Levinson ---07/02/2007 10:21:40 PM---The examples document is intended as stated in the abstract to "give examples

                  Rich Levinson <rich.levinson@oracle.com>

                  07/02/2007 10:17 PM

Prateek Mishra <prateek.mishra@oracle.com>, Hal Lockhart <hlockhar@bea.com>, Kelvin Lawrence/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, ws-sx@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject

Re: [ws-sx] Proposed Charter Clarification

The examples document is intended as stated in the abstract to "give examples
of how policies may be defined for several existing use cases that have been
part of the WS-Security Interops that have been conducted", where the
previous paragraph defines these to include "WS-Security TC and other
WS-Security based Interops".

As such, this would not include stand-alone WS-SC and WS-Trust. However,
it would include WS-SC and WS-Trust as included in any of the above mentioned
interops, such as the WS-SX Interop.

If someone would like to write up appropriate examples of these for the examples
doc, they would be a welcome addition. I had been considering it while the
WS-SX Interop was in progress, however from that time on resource limitations
prevented me from personally doing it. We could probably add a full section to
describe in a similar level of detail the ws-sx interop examples. In fact, the
unfinished example 2.3.2.5 would be a good place to start with this, as it
relates to an earlier Interop, but may be more appropriate to apply instead
to the more recent Interop.

Thanks,
Rich

Anthony Nadalin wrote:

          Discussion is that if we are going to have an examples document it should not be just about WS-SecurityPolicy but about all the specifications in the TC, so I don't agree with what Hal submitted

          Inactive hide details for Prateek Mishra ---07/02/2007 04:39:56 PM---Hal,Prateek Mishra ---07/02/2007 04:39:56 PM---Hal,

          Hal Lockhart
          <hlockhar@bea.com>
          cc

          Anthony Nadalin/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, Kelvin Lawrence/Austin/IBM@IBMUS,
          ws-sx@lists.oasis-open.org
          Subject

          Re: [ws-sx] Proposed Charter Clarification

          Hal,

          Not sure where we are going with this, as I understood it, the chairs
          had requested charter language to support the "SecurityPolicy Examples"
          document. I think your proposal speaks to that quite clearly.

          Clearly, the SecurityPolicy examples could reference WSS or any of the
          WS-SX standards.

          So I am not sure what this discussion is about...

          - prateek