Subject: Re: [ws-sx] Issue i142: Examples 2.2.3 and 2.2.4 are miss-labeled

I have spent some time looking over this issue and will propose some
changes. However, there are a couple of points that I think need to
be on the table before a final decision is made.

 1. While both scenarios do "require the use of mechanisms (e.g.
DerivedKeyToken)
    defined in WS-SecureConversation" the policies themselves do not
explicitly require
    the use of WS-SecureConversation per se', which I think generally
would be
    indicated by specifying an  sp:SecureConversationToken assertion.
 2. The text does incorrectly reference the EncryptedKey mechanism as
being WSS1.1
    specific, however, I think the intent was actually reference the
WSS1.1 #EncryptedKey
    SecurityTokenReference mechanism, which is what is used in the
sample messages and
    meets the WSS11 policy requirement for the
sp:MustSupportRefEncryptedKey assertion.
 3. While I do not believe the policies explicitly require the use of
WS-SecureConversation,
    except for the derived key mechanism mentioned above, it is true
that the examples both,
    in fact, are WS-SecureConversation examples, which is due to the
fact that they were
    taken from the WCF Interop.

Bottom line: I do not believe the sections are actually mislabeled,
however, I do think
the text needs some cleanup to indicate that the wss11 requirement is
the SecurityTokenReference
mechanism and to explicitly note that the example messages do use
WS-SecureConversation,
but that this is not explicitly required.

I will submit the above changes for consideration and if there are more
aspects to this issue that
need discussion, then we will move from there.

  Thanks,
  Rich