Subject: [Fwd: question on Interop doc]

Hi Marc,

Msg below is exact questions on Interop doc - wss10 vs wss11 in request,
should only be wss11?

    Thanks,
    Rich

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: question on Interop doc
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 03:04:31 -0400
From: Rich Levinson <rich.levinson@oracle.com>
To: greg Carpenter <gregcarp@microsoft.com>

Hi Greg,

I am going thru some of the details for updating the Examples doc with
the action items from last mtg. Unfortunately, I will not be done by
tomorrow, but will probably submit a partial for keeping everyone up
to date.

In any event my question is on the Request in section 3.5 mutual
certificate, WSS 1.1.

Clearly this is a WSS 1.1 request to the STS as indicated in lines
1592-1600.

However, my question is why on lines 1562 is a WssX509V3Token10 being used.
This refers to the WS-Security 1.0 X509 Token Profile. I would think
that one
would use, and possibly be required to use the WS-Security 1.1 X509 Token
Profile?

So, there are a couple questions: is it an error? if not, is it intended
to be that way,
or was it inadvertent and happens to be benign?

The same thing occurs on line 1587 in the EndorsingSupportingTokens, so
I have
the same question there.

Finally, if it is or should be an error, was it caught in the Interop
and were these
actual messages from the interop?

It's not a huge issue, but as I was writing up some stuff here, I came
across it
and fairly quickly felt I must be missing something or this just kind of
benignly
fell under the radar.

   Thanks,
   Rich