Subject: Re: [ws-sx] Groups - ws-sp-usecases-examples-draft-17-07.doc (ws-sp-usecases-examples-draft-17-07.doc)uploaded

Hi Tony,

Below are responses to the issues you raised. There appear to be 3 categories
of issue, so I numbered them 1-21 to refer to them up front here.

    a. there are 2 issues about IPR policy: 15,20, that I think need to be
       brought up to the TC to find out the answer, basically whether we
       can ref the WCF Plugfest document. So, if anyone has info on this
       please advise.

    b. there are several issues that relate to the reference diagram on
        line 176 and the introductory text that refs the diagram: 1,2,3,4,6,7.
       I have included somewhat verbose responses to these issues to
       try to explain what was intended and especially to clarify the
       usage of the 6 logical actors defined on lines 229-250.

       Of these issues 1,2,6,7 appear primarily to focus on the logical
       vs physical distinction between the "Requestor" and "Initiator" actors.
       Without this logical distinction it is extremely difficult to discuss the
       examples in the text of each example in a consistent manner. Please
       see if my responses help any with these.

       Issue 3, I believe, has to do with the logical distinction between
       the "Recipient" and "RelyingParty" actors. While less prominent
       in the examples, than the requestor/initiator distinction, it is
       included to provide the logical balance for discussion on the 2 sides
       of the message  exchanges. Again, please let me know if the response
       helps.

       Issue 4 has to do with authority actors on both sides of the
       exchange, which are generally closely related to STS functionality,
       which while possibly not explicitly included in the STS will be
       at the very least be needed by the STS to perform its functions.
       Again the purpose is to provide a consistent logical basis for
       discussion within the examples. Please advise if response helps.

        Generally, the actor terms in Fig 1 are intended to provide a logical
        basis for discussion in the text of each example in a consistent
        manner. In the individual examples the physical instantiation
        of the actors can vary tremendously, but logically they should all
        be present in each example in some form or other and the purpose
        of the diagram is to provide a common reference when it is useful
        in the example discussions.

    c  there are several primarily typo type issues that are not in the
       the categories above.

    Thanks,
    Rich