Subject: Issue 154: Copyright permission granted for Microsoft PlugfestMaterials

Chris and Kelvin,

We understand that the OASIS Web Services Secure Exchange Technical Committee (“OASIS”) desires to use portions of the WCF (Indigo) Interoperability Lab: Web Services Security PlugFest material available at http://mssoapinterop.org/ilab/WSSecurity/WCFInteropPlugFest_Security.zip (“Microsoft Materials”) in the OASIS Web Services Secure Exchange Examples Document (“Oasis Document”).  Since the Microsoft Materials are copyrighted by Microsoft, we want to make sure that OASIS has the necessary permission from us to do so.

We hereby grant OASIS permission to copy the desired portions of the Microsoft Materials and include them (whether in their original form or as modified by OASIS) within the OASIS Document, provided that OASIS cites the original version of the Microsoft Materials, attributes Microsoft as the owner, and applies use terms to the Microsoft Materials that are no less protective than those that apply to the Oasis Document overall.

For clarity, the permission to use the Microsoft Materials applies only for inclusion in the Oasis Document, and any other use of the Microsoft Materials will require additional permission from Microsoft.

Let us know if you have any questions.  Thanks.

Sincerely,

Geoff Bullen