Subject: Re: ISSUE i170: Update XML Signature references to refer to XML Signature, Second Edition, update c14n reference in ws-trust

In addition to the changes proposed with the issue below ,  we may
also need the following additional changes to WS-SecurityPolicy 1.2

  1)  in Section 6.1, [Algorithm Suite] Property [1] Add algorithm
abbreviation and URI for C14N11 as follows:

C14N11    http://www.w3.org/2006/12/xml-c14n11

2) Update section 7.1 AlgorithmSuite Assertion

2a) In Syntax box, after <sp:InclusiveC14N ... /> ? add
<sp:InclusiveC14N11 ... /> ?

2b) Add after /sp:AlgorithmSuite/wsp:Policy/sp:InclusiveC14N the
following:
/sp:AlgorithmSuite/wsp:Policy/sp:InclusiveC14N11

This optional element is a policy assertion that indicates that the
[C14N] property of an algorithm suite is set to 'C14N11'. Note: as
indicated in Section 6.1 the default value of the [C14N] property is
'ExcC14N'.

3) Shouldn't the abbreviations for C14n and ExC14n be C14N and ExC14N
to correspond to the values noted in section 7.1?

4) As discussed on the call, we may wish to modify the proposal to
add references to XML Signature (Second Edition) and Canonical XML
1.1 instead of replacing the original references.

I do not believe any other changes are required to accommodate XML
Signature (Second Edition) since the namespace has not changed.

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia

[1] http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-securitypolicy/200702/ws-
securitypolicy-1.2-spec-os.html#_Toc161826547