ws-tx-implement message

Subject: Re: [ws-tx-implement] scenario 5.2

"Peter Furniss" <peter.furniss@erebor.co.uk> wrote on 08/07/2006 06:47:47 PM:

> scenario 5.2 RetryPreparedCommit calls for two Participants, but the
> orchestration description doesn't match properly, and there seem to
> be some ambiguities in the message exchange.

> what is the trigger for blocking ?

Isn't it the Prepared from PS1?

> from first or second Prepare sent
> out ?  What is the trigger for "recovery" = first or second Preparedreceived ?

Isn't it the 2nd Prepared from PS1? (After it recovers)

> There doesn't seem to be much point in the second participant, vis-
> a-vis the objective stated, so would it be better to revert this to
> one participant ?

PS2 is there to make sure the tx stays in Prepare state until PS1
recovers - that's why its Prepared messages are blocked until PS1
sends its Prepared after it recovers.  We're testing to make sure
the CS knows how to deal with duplicate Prepared (I think).

> (erebor/choreology and IBM interwork on this one, but it can be non-
> deterministic - the erebor/choreology orchestration reflects
> ambiguities in the description)

Not sure I see the non-deterministic part of it.