Subject: Re: [ws-tx] Issue 30 - One-way message replies

I should have included an option (0) which is "close with no change". The
#1 and #2 below are suggested in the URL you reference. I simply observe
there have been other proposals as well. This *is* the issue of using
wsa:ReplyTo.

Regards,
Ian Robinson
STSM, WebSphere Messaging and Transactions Architect
IBM Hursley Lab, UK
ian_robinson@uk.ibm.com

             Mark Little
             <mark.little@jbos
             s.com>                                                     To
                                       Ian Robinson/UK/IBM@IBMGB
             04/04/2006 15:20                                           cc
                                       Doug Davis <dug@us.ibm.com>, Paul
                                       Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>,
                                       ws-tx@lists.oasis-open.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [ws-tx] Issue 30 - One-way
                                       message replies

IMO I think addressing the issue of using wsa:ReplyTo (
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-tx/email/archives/200603/msg00091.html
) first, may make anything else (like this) easier to approach and reason
about.

Mark.

Ian Robinson wrote:

> Having gone back round this thread again. I believe there have been 4
> distinct proposals, These are (in the order in which they were proposed)
> 1. Use a new TX-defined protocol service endpoint. as the endpoint to
which
> protocol messages may be sent if we have forgotten the "registered"
partner
> EPR. This is proposed in the original issue.
> 2. Use wsa:From as a  protocol service endpoint to which protocol
messages
> may be sent if we have forgotten the "registered" partner EPR. This is
> proposed as an alternative to #1 above in the original issue.
> 3. Alastair's "Option A" which builds on either #1 or #2 above but adds
> normative constraints for how fault messages should be handled.
> 4. Alastair's "Option B" which proposes targetting all TX protocol
messages
> at any [reply endpoint] and requiring the using or a [relationship]
> property.
>
> #4 is a significant departure from the current drafts and suggests that
the
> "registered" EPR is relegated to be used only for those circumstances
where
> there is no [reply endpoint] - for example on the first non-terminal
> protocol message or following recovery. Moreover, this goes back over
> ground we have discussed before and implies that 2PC protocol messages
are
> "replies". They are not. To restate the example used prevoiusly,
> "wsat:Aborted" is a notification message. It may initiate 2PC from the
> Participant. Or it may follow a wsat:Prepare message. In either case, it
> should be directed at the [endpoint] that was registered during the
> Register/RegisterResponse exchange.
>
> I propose we eliminate #4 and look at the first 3.
>
> Regards,
> Ian Robinson
>

>              Mark Little

>              <mark.little@jbos

>              s.com>
>                                        Paul Cotton

>              04/04/2006 13:36          <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>

cc
>                                        Doug Davis <dug@us.ibm.com>,

>                                        ws-tx@lists.oasis-open.org

Subject
>                                        Re: [ws-tx] Issue 30 - One-way

>                                        message replies

> Ignore this ;-) You're right, there's the possibility of using wsa:From
> instead.
>
> However, I still don't see the reason for a new proposal from Alastair
> in this space if it is to address the same requirement: the overuse of
> wsa:ReplyTo by our specifications in cases where it is not appropriate.
> Let's debate the use of wsa:From or wsc:ReplyTo (remember, the name's
> just a placeholder) first and foremost.
>
> Mark.
>

> Mark Little wrote:
>
>> Since when? Last I recall on the subject was at the f2f, where we
>> agreed to raise the issue in the first place. Maybe I'm just getting
>> too old for this ;-)
>>
>> Mark.
>>

>> Paul Cotton wrote:
>>
>>> Actually if you read the issue it says there are two different
proposals
>>> on the table.
>>>
>>> Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
>>> 17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
>>> Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329