Subject: Re: Fw: [ws-tx] Issue 030 - consolidated refinement of Proposal 2

Some proposed amendments:

WS-C, currently:

"The protocol faults defined in this section are generated if the
condition stated in the preamble is met. When used in a transaction
protocol, these faults are targeted at a destination endpoint according
to the protocol fault handling rules defined for that protocol."

change to

"The protocol faults defined in this section are generated if the
condition stated in the preamble is met. When used in by a Referencing
Specification, these faults MAY be targeted at a destination endpoint
according to the protocol fault handling rules defined for that
specification."

I'd also recommend we define Referencing Specification at the start of
WS-C. The reason for the change is that a) in the second paragraph on
the first page we (correctly) don't limit the applicability of WS-C to
just transaction protocols, and b) we cannot know all possible uses of
WS-C even in transaction protocols, so therefore we should not enforce
one mechanism over another. I think MAY is strong enough for WS-C, and
then WS-AT/WS-BA can use SHOULD/MUST where necessary.

WS-AT, currently:

"The protocol faults defined in this section are generated if the
condition stated in the preamble is met. When used in a transaction
protocol, these faults are targeted at a destination endpoint according
to the protocol fault handling rules defined for that protocol. "

Since we know that WS-AT is a transaction protocol, this text looks odd.
I'd suggest:

"The protocol faults defined in this section are generated if the
condition stated in the preamble is met. These faults SHOULD be targeted
at a destination endpoint according to the fault handling rules defined
for that protocol. "

And a slight rewording of:

"Protocol faults raised by a Coordinator or Participant during the
processing of a notification message defined in this specification are
composed using the same mechanisms, described in this section, as other
terminal notification messages. "

"Protocol faults raised by a Coordinator or Participant during the
processing of a notification message are terminal notifications and MUST
be  composed using the same mechanisms as other terminal notification
messages. "

Mark.