Subject: Re: [ws-tx] Issue 044 - WS-C: Clarify which endpoint is used to detectduplicate participant registrations

Max,

Since I raised this issue, the way in which WS-Addressing will be used
has seemingly stabilized, and in a direction which obviates my concern.

1. The /Register/ParticipantProtocolService (PPS) EPR must always
contain a unique participant-id, I agree.

2. If [message id]/[relationship] correlation is used to map the RR to
the R, then it will all work. Other postings on e.g. Issue 030 have not
raised this as a  strong motivation for using message ids in the WS-C
exchanges, but is perhaps an underlying assumption that helps to explain
the divergence of perception about how this will work.

3. If [relationship] correlation is not used, then [reply endpoint] must
equal or map to the PPS. This is an alternative way of implementing the
technique. This is where I was coming from.

4. However, 2 and 3 are implementation choices, that do not require
further spec change. The apparatus is there for both approaches.

I'm happy to resolve the issue with no change, therefore.

Alastair