Subject: Re: [ws-tx] Issue 052 - WS-AT: Replay message generates protocolerrors

Hi Mark,

Just one point:

Mark Little wrote:
> Since it crashed in Prepared Success state we should be able to assume
> that the participant obeyed the rules and made its decision to be able
> to commit durable. Hence, this Replay message should be interpreted as
> a), though the semantic of "have recovered" shouldn't exclude the fact
> that the failure may have been in the network and not the participant
> service itself (for instance).

One might think so, but in fact when the Participant experiences a comms
time out it Resends Prepared (PV state table).

Which begs the question: if that works for comm failures, why do we do
something different for process failures which are recovered?

The implication of the two events for the Coordinator, as you point out,
should be identical (we are ensuring that the Prepared Success state is
communicated to the Coordinator).

Alastair

Alastair