Subject: RE: [ws-tx] Groups - WS-TX Bi-Weekly Concall modified

Ian, Eric,

I'm afraid I won't be able to be on most of the call tomorrow - I hope
to make the first 20-25 minutes. The good news (well, I hope you think
it's good) is that I will be able to come to the Dublin face-to-face.

I must also confess I have not yet done either of the AI's against me -
the fault handling rule pointer I was going to wait until the text was
integrated (it's a very minor editorial anyway, I think I'm prepared to
rely on editorial pride in producing an intelligible document to
determine if it is needed :-).

On the names for the three uses of Coordinator for issue 035, I mostly
haven't had time. Since the text changes are editorial (though the
distinction in concepts will, I think, clarify discussion in general),
it perhaps can follow the issues that affect implemenation and
interoperation.

If I may make so bold as propose resolutions to some of the other issues
on the agenda, in case they get discussed when I'm not on the call.
Several of these have been chased round the email list already. I'd
suggest 043 is dealt with before 039, as 043 concerns may contaminate
039 discussion if they are done in numerical order.

i043 - WS-AT: Invalid state inappropriate response to orphaned volatile
participants
	At least for volatile (see 039) the response should be a new
terminating message/fault "UnknownTransaction", with the other changes
as in the proposal for this issue as submitted (I now think
UnknownTransaction is a better name than UnknownTransactionOutcome)

i039 - WS-AT: Coordinator should not distinguish protocol of orphaned
participants
	Unknown Transaction should be the response for durables too. See
email discussion

i052 - WS-AT: Replay message generates protocol errors
	(I think this is misnamed - I think "... causes unnecessary
aborts" might be more helpful)
	have we seen any justification as to why replay/preparing must
be considered sufficent cause for an abort of a transaction. I challenge
the submitters to provide reasons that are compelling and valid for the
send-on-outbound-connection pattern of ws-at. :-) [and remember the
state table says all MUST abort in this case; changing would still allow
an implementation to abort if it chose or was built to do so]

i053 - WS-AT: Eliminate Replay message
	this depends on 052 - it is impossible to discuss until 052 is
resolved, because the possible additional semantics of replay / recovery
are overwhelmed by the current actual semantics of the abort if received
in Preparing.

i055 - WS-AT: User Commit and User Rollback should not return Aborted in
None state

	they should return UnknownTransaction (when they are synonyms
for Commit, Rollback in Completion protocol), or equivalent semantic
(when not.)

i056 - WS-AT: User Commit and User Rollback row of CV state table
contradicts resolution of 010
	as 055

Hope you don't mind me emailing what I would have like to have said in
realtime.

See you in Dublin

Peter