Subject: RE: [ws-tx] WS-A changes required in Interop Scenario docs

I think that the statement is completely unnecessary since the addressing layer ought to be dealing with ALL of the WS-Addressing pre-defined faults.

Thanks

-bob

From: Alastair Green [mailto:alastair.green@choreology.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 7:08 AM
To: Ian Robinson
Cc: ws-tx@lists.oasis-open.org

Ian,

As previously raised, I think we need a statement in the interop documents that says something like:

WS-Addressing Predefined Faults

An implementation shall not fail any interoperation test defined in this document solely because it fails to generate and send one of the faults defined in the WS-Addressing SOAP Binding specification, Section 6.4, “Predefined Faults”.

Alastair

Ian Robinson wrote:

I took an AI from the last telecon to enumerate the changes required to the
Interop Scenario docs as a result of our resolutions to issue 028 and 030.

1. Change all instances of the old WS-A namespace from
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing to
http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing.

2. Changes all references to WS-Addressing to "WS-Addressing 1.0" and
hyperlink to the RDDL at
http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing.

3. Change schema imports of the WS-A schema to:
  <xsd:import
     namespace="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing"
     schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/2006/03/addressing/ws-addr.xsd"/>

4. Change all instances of "reference properties" to "reference parameters"
and "ReferenceProperties" to
"ReferenceParameters"

5. The examples in the scenario docs show the use of 2 RefenceParameters
(<footx:TransactionID> and <footx:EnlistmentID>). Where these appear in
soap headers, the elements need to add the following attribute:
  "wsa:IsReferenceParameter='true'"

6. Remove the section entitle "Use of WS-Addressing Headers in .." from
both the AT and BA scenario docs.

7. In addition to the above, the message parts listed in the "Message
Snapshots" need to change as follows:
For CreateCoordinationContext(Response) and Register(Response), add a note
to wsa:ReplyTo/wsa:Address stating "NOT
'http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/anonymous’. or
'http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/none’ "
For non-terminal notification messages (Completion: Commit and Rollback,
Durable2PC:Prepare, Prepared and Replay):,
i) replace wsa:ReplyTo with wsa:From. Ensure this is Mandatory. Add a note
to wsa:From/wsa:Address stating "NOT
'http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/anonymous’. or
'http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/none’ "
ii) Add a further mandatory wsa:ReplyTo and wsa:ReplyTo/wsa:Address whose
value is 'http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/none’. Add this to both the
tables and in the SOAP headers of any XML examples of non-terminal
notification messages.
iii) change wsa:MessageID from Mandatory to Optional
iv) remove wsa:MessageID from any XML examples in which it is optional

For terminal notification messages (Completion: Committed and Aborted,
Durable2PC:ReadOnly) there are no further changes required.

8. Not strictly related to WS-A changes, but it would be useful to finally
add content to the Message Snapshots section of the BA scenario doc.

Regards,
Ian