Subject: RE: [ws-tx] Namespace update relating to CD 02 changes

I agree we shouldn't change the namespace id in a wanton manner - just to align with a new "publication". But to "avoid forcing a namespace change" would mean locking the schemas. We shouldn't propose a bugged specification for public review just because we don't want to change the namespace.  After all, how hard is it to change the namespace string in an implementation ?

This is particularly the case for WS-BA, which we have never discussed.

Peter

From: Ram Jeyaraman [mailto:Ram.Jeyaraman@microsoft.com]
Sent: 20 July 2006 21:45
To: ws-tx@lists.oasis-open.org

Eric, Ian,

We established these namespaces following CD 01 changes (in March 2006):

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-tx/wscoor/2006/03/wstx-wscoor-1.1-rddl.htm

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-tx/wsat/2006/03/wstx-wsat-1.1-rddl.htm

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-tx/wsba/2006/03/wstx-wsba-1.1-rddl.htm

Since then we have produced CD 02, which changes the message formats (issue 30 change); also we have dropped the Replay message. Consequently, we need to update the namespace URIs.

Proposed namespace URIs:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-tx/wscoor/2006/06/wstx-wscoor-1.1-rddl.htm

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-tx/wsat/2006/06/wstx-wsat-1.1-rddl.htm

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-tx/wsba/2006/06/wstx-wsba-1.1-rddl.htm

I suggest, we quickly address this at the earliest possibility, and update the CD 02 drafts to reflect the namespace change.

It is also important that we avoid forcing another namespace change in the future, particularly since we are moving closer towards producing a public review draft of the specifications (WS-C/WS-AT public review is planned on Aug 30, WS-BA public review is planned on Nov 02).

Thank you.